Uber Driver Requirements in Australia
There are a few requirements you need to meet:.
You can drive with Uber even if you don't own a car. Here’s what you need to do:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have access to a vehicle that meets Uber's vehicle requirements
- Hold a valid full driver’s licence in your state or territory
- Have held a full driver’s licence in any Australian state or territory for at least 12 months
- Provide all the necessary documents required in your state or territory
- Be listed as an insured driver for the vehicle you plan to drive
Before hitting the road, you will need to submit the following documents:
- A valid, full driver’s licence for your state or territory
- Your passport or birth certificate
- Proof of vehicle insurance as required in the state or territory you plan to drive in
- Any other documents required in the state or territory you plan to drive in
After starting the signup process, you’ll be required to pass a background check. Processes for driver-partner background checks vary by city.
It’s easy to get started
Tell about yourself and your vehicle, if you have one. If you don’t, Uber may be able to connect you with a vehicle solutions provider, who could help you get one.
Uber need you to upload a few documents, including your driver’s licence, so uber can run a background check.
If the vehicle you plan to drive with Uber meets your city’s requirements, the next step is to arrange a vehicle inspection to confirm it is roadworthy.